Role – iOS/Android Developer
Location – Huddersfield / Halifax – UK.
Package – Competitive salary (Dependent upon experience), bonus, flexi time, professional training, funded qualifications.
To design and implement new features on our customer facing iOS and Android applications.
- Build Phone and Tablet user-interfaces that scale to screen size.
- Create application architectures that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
- Define and maintain software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practice.
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and Standards.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Stay current on latest technical trends and practices.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans/deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Flexibility to provide additional support when required by project work, key events, peak periods etc.
- Provide out of hours’ support on a Rota basis
- Able to manage own time
- Proven work experience as a Mobile App Developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Android and IOS market
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language (Swift, Java etc…)
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Willing to learn and progress skills
Essential Core Skills;
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ software development experience on the .NET framework technology stack using C#
- Mobile App software development experience with iOS and/or Android platforms
- Web API / RESTful service integration
- IOS and Android (General software development) best practice, clean code
- Understanding of Object Oriented design and implementation
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
Desirable Core Skills;
- Knowledge of source Control best practices using either TFS or GIT. Any other practices are also welcome.
- Understanding of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Familiarity of agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP etc..)
If this sounds like you please apply below in the first instance and we will be in touch to discuss the next steps!