Senior Engineer – Highways
Senior Engineer – Highways
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 + benefits
Location: West Midlands
Logical Resources are currently working with a leading construction, property, residential and services group who are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to join the Highways team in the Design Services Business. The successful post holder will be responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
Our client design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Contributing to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Ensuring personal utilisation targets are met.
- Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
- Actively promoting Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- To be a chartered / incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT) or demonstrably progressing towards this level of attainment and possessing equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
- Experience of using relevant software.
- Competent MX and Civils 3D user.
- Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
- Able to carry out technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
- Must be computer literate. Ability to work without supervision essential, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
- Fluent written and spoken English.