Top Tips For That Big Interview!
In the world of sales recruitment you invariably get one chance to impress that hiring manager for your next step in a successful sales career!
Interviews are all about RISK! As a candidate you walk through those doors into the boardroom as a risk to your future employer... How you perform in the next hour will determine how you can reduce that risk enough to warrant a job offer and the investment of training, management and the promise of financial reward.
Here I have listed my top tips for any candidate making a step forward in their career:
- Presentation: First impressions are all important. Dress smart, bring proof of achievements and note taking equipment where necessary.
- Knowledge: Do your homework! Get to grips with your future employer. What do they do? Where are they in the market? who are their competitors?
- Passion: A candidate with the right energy and body language will more often than not outperform a candidate who looks disinterested and lacklustre
- Performance: Mentally store your biggest achievements, the strategy behind your success and how you intend to maintain that for your new employer.
- Goals: Personal, professional goals both short and long term are key to any interview to understand what makes you tick!
- The close: This varies in any interview scenario and you will have to feel this one out yourself. Approximately 80% of our clients would prefer a candidate to go with a strong close to conclude an interview and secure the role!
Use these key tips as a guideline for future interviews. Remember that your potential as a salesperson/manager/director lies within yourself and not a complete reliance on tips and tricks. Put the work in, do your research and the confidence will flow!
Visit the following link for a more in-depth look at competency based interview questioning: http://www.interview-skills.co.uk/competency-based-interviews-questions.aspx
If you have any questions or wish to speak to one of our consultants about sourcing a new role/market information within your industry then it's simple; call into our office! - 0113 247 3858